“Metaphors in My Attic” is hours of online, video based training which has received 100% positive feedback from practitioners worldwide.
I am confident that the information contained in this program will transform the way that you work with clients and will get you thinking completely differently about how you hear and use language in your clinical practice.
Over 10 hours of video in manageable bite size chunks
"A really fantastic set of learning materials. Andy Austin lays out his Metaphors of Movement model in a clear, well-organized way that makes it easy to learn. This is a significant development and an excellent presentation of it. There's more to it than you might think." Connirae Andreas, author of Core Transformation
"In his "Metaphors In My Attic" website, Andrew T. Austin demonstrates thoroughly how he masters the empowering nature of imagery language. There are more than enough videos including client sessions that give step by step guidance as how you can explore client's metaphors for a rapid change. I am really amazed with the quantity of the videos and the detailed information in the web-site. I am so looking forward to attending his workshop in September." Gaye Gunes
"With Metaphors of Movement, Andrew Austin offers a set of new and useful tools for NLP practitioners and therapists of all types. Metaphors in my Attic is the indispensable user manual to the system. Well-produced video clips explain simply, with a surprising depth of information and plenty of written support material for the text-minded. A distinct lack of hype and a reliance on illustrative examples makes the program engaging and compelling to explore. This kind of metaphor work will be an important therapeutic modality in the years to come and Metaphors in my Attic is a perfect way to introduce it as a well-defined system." Philip H. Farber, author of Brain Magick
What is Metaphors of Movement (PDF - right click to download, left click to open in new window)
Here is what you get in the program:
Section 1. Introduction
• Introduction to Metaphors of Movement (length: 12.29mins)
"Walking a tightrope" exercise
• A Minor Abreaction (length: 6.34mins)
"Mistaking effect for cause."
• The First Question (length: 18.25mins)
"What is that like?"
• Metaphor Examples (length: 22.10mins)
"Typical metaphor examples."
• Neurological Rationale for this Approach (length: 13.45mins)
Section 2. Developing Themes
• Developing the Metaphor and Issues of Scope (length: 14.09mins)
"The four directions - finding what is left..."
• Boundary Violations and Chronicity (length: 11.45mins)
"When client jumps category."
• Eliciting the Coping Behaviour (length: 12.27mins)
"Applying behaviour to the metaphor."
• Creating Idioms for the Metaphor (length: 29.43mins)
"Tell, don't ask."
• Recapping: "It's all about Feet!" (length: 14.26mins)
"Changing state is never enough."
• The Issue of Outcomes (length: 34.24mins)
"Finding out where you stand."
Section 3. Container Metaphors
• An Introduction to Container Metaphors (length 3.40mins)
• Relationships as Containers (length 2.50mins)
• Self as a container (length: 7.50mins)
• Childhood Themes (length: 9.42mins)
• Growing Up (length: 6.54mins)
• The Finer Points of Growing Up (length: 18.51mins)
• Bubbles (length: 10.38mins)
Section 4. Status
• Status (length: 32.26mins)
• Centre of the Universe (length: 12.34mins)
Section 5. Stages, Treadmills, Objects and Obstacles
• Stages of Life (length: 10.00mins)
"Putting on a performance."
• Stages and Awkward Positions (length: 5.58mins)
"Under the Spotlight."
• Treadmills (length: 12.16mins)
"The art of not getting anywhere."
• The Object of Guilt (length: 20.39mins)
"A burden to be carried."
• Dependency (length: 12mins)
• Obstacles (length: 13.46mins)
"Things getting in the way."
• Edges (length: 10.51mins)
Section 6. A Testing Time - (in this section I present brief client metaphors for you to work with.)
• Introduction to the tests (length: 6.05mins)
• "In a hole."
• "Feeling a bit of a jerk."
• "Having an inclination."
• "A gut feeling."
• "In a goldfish bowl."
• "Shouldering a problem."
• "Donkey on the beach."
• "Judgement day."
• "In a cage."
• "In a mess."
• "Hanging around."
Section 7. Demonstration Sessions and Discussions
Professionally filmed on location in Boulder, Colorado, USA
• Client Session and Discussion: "Hanging Around." (length: 50.00mins)
Following up on a workshop experience that provided some very gruesome imagery.
• Client Session: "Facing Monsters." (length: 50.28mins)
Having clawed her way of the pit of despair, this client is faced with dealing with monsters in her life.
• Client Session and Discussion: "Taking it to the Top." (length: 38.15mins)
In this session the client has an idea he wants to take all the way to the top.
• Client Session: "When it Hurts to Be You." (length: 82.55mins)
At times this slow moving session can be quite uncomfortable to watch.
• Client Session: "A Divided Self." (length: 66.22mins)
Issues of identity can be some of the most painful aspects to deal with in therapy.
• Discussion: Skills to develop for MoM therapists. (length: 20mins)
"Andrew Austin's Metaphors of Movement is a fascinating exploration into the world of Metaphor. If you have done anything with 'metaphor work' before you will learn new insights and revelations that only someone with the real-world experience of working with dozens upon dozens of clients can provide. This is a very well put together course, with many layers of learning. Excellent Value!" Colin G. Smith
"I have followed Andrew T. Austin's work for many years with great interest. His "Metaphors in the Attic" is truly fascinating and the best yet - a rare truly creative and very practical set of tools invaluable to anyone interested in developing their communication skills. The presentation is first class and I will certainly recommend this material to students and colleagues alike." Nick Kemp
"I'm not quite sure what it is that Austin does in Littlehampton HQ but he presents a brilliant body of work here, adding to and fleshing out, not to mention making practical a lot of the work of Lakoff. This work should be more than double its price. I told him to change it but ignored me - AGAIN." Alan Whitton.
Get started with this unique program right away for just £89.00. In addition to the videos there are also plenty of hand-written/hand-drawn lecture notes and diagrams, and the recordings of five online webinars.
- Webinar #1 - "Q&A about the MoM model." (86.20 mins)
- Webinar #2 - "Business and money metaphors." (38.32 mins)
- Webinar #3 - "The problem of anxiety and boundary violations." (35.18 mins)
- Webinar #4 - "Metaphors of time and time constructs." (38.30 mins)
- Webinar #5 - "More Q&A on Metaphors of Movement." (39.47 mins)
Questions? Email me at: NLP@hotmail.co.uk
Get started with this unique program right away for just £89.00.
LOG IN HERE
Other programs by Andrew T. Austin:
Metaphors of Movement: http://www.metaphorsofmovement.co.uk
Mirror Visual Feedback: http://www.mirrorvisualfeedback.com
Identity Panorama: http://www.identitypanorama.com
Post Traumatic Strss Disorder: http://www.posttraumaticstressdisorder.tv
4 6 3 8 A B K 2 4 A L G M O R 3 Y X 24 89 R P S T O V A L